Apply For A Credit Card's Featured Articles
In 2009, a number of improvements were made to credit card statements and agreements in an effort to help consumers better understand their credit card policies. The 2010 Dodd-Frank law created a federal agency, The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, for protecting consumers against potentially abusive practices of mortgage lenders and credit card companies. On Wednesday, December 6th…, the Obama administration announced another initiative for helping consumers understand their credit card terms, as the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has discovered that consumers are still confused over credit card issues.
Credit Card NewsWhy Stay-at-home Moms Created a Petition against the 2009 Card Act May 16, 2012 - 4:16 pm
Stay-at-home moms and househusbands across the nation are up in arms because of federal regulations that have hampered their access to credit cards because they don’t actually have an income of their own under their name.
The outrage has become so abundant that an online petition at Change.org has already garnered 33,000 signatures demanding that the law be retracted. On the petition, it says that this new law is regressive and returns housewives to the 1970s when securing a credit card of their own without the bread winner’s explicit permission was near impossible.
The law, which was part of the Card Act in 2009, was established as a means of preventing predatory lending — from college students to low-income families, the nation was saturated with…
Credit Card BlogHow to Apply for the Right Hotel Rewards Credit Card November 22, 2011 - 6:27 am
One of the primary things to consider when you want to apply for a credit card offering rewards is exactly what rewards make sense for your life. In many cases, consumers who do a lot of traveling will apply for a airline miles rewards credit card which provides them with ample opportunity to rack up airline miles. These airline rewards enable card users to book free flights for themselves and maybe even other traveling companions. Most airline rewards cards offer additional discounts and resources which make sense to travelers.
However, there may be a point where there are only so many airline miles to be attained. In this case, a frequent flier may consider switching to a new credit card that offers relevant rewards such…
Spotlight Average Credit Card Rates in December 2011 December 23, 2011 - 11:14 am
Average credit card interest rates for consumers and businesses changed during the first half of December, 2011 despite a stable US bank prime rate of 3.25%. Not all credit card interest rates are directly linked to the prime rate and there are a variety of reasons why the average credit card interest rates might change even with a stable US bank prime rate.
December 2011 Average Credit Card Rates…
In December, the difference between interest rates for individuals with good credit compared to individuals with average credit narrowed, dropping between a half a percent to 3.57%. The overall average interest rate for all credit cards is 16.71%.
The only category of credit cards which did not change their average interest rates this quarter are business
- Get 1% Cash Back on Gas Purchases
- No Credit Check, No Overdraft Fees, and No Interest Fees
- Free Savings Account and Free Roadside Assistance
- Free Direct Deposit and Free Bill Pay so you can manage your money better
- Excellent credit required - applicants that do not have excellent credit will not be approved
- Low 9.25% variable standard purchase APR and platinum benefits
- Choose any U.S. based airline or ticket class. No blackout dates or seating restrictions
- Other travel related options are hotels, cruises, vacation packages, car rental, and restaurants
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months, then the variable standard purchase APR of 12.99% - 18.99%*
- 5% Cashback Bonus® in categories that change like gas, groceries, restaurants, department stores and more.
- Every single purchase automatically gets Cashback Bonus®
- *Click apply to view rates, fees, rewards, limitations and other important information